Being a stranger

I fantasize mostly about being alone not in the presence of people, that is, in the presence of mostly plants, but everyone knows it's possible to be alone in a crowd. Big cities are supposedly that way, providing anonymity. It's hard for me to get on that bandwagon, though, because even if I'm happy not to be looked at, I'm not happy only looking at people and the things people have made. Although it feels more and more like wherever I am, I'm only seeing what people have permitted to remain. In the largest sense though, I can remember that we are a blip and physics and chemistry are what endure. In that context my obsession with "nature" is very bio-centric and maybe I really do only want to be around things that are like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

More at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/enantiomer/