I can't imagine asking for something without an accompanying spike in heart rate. I feel like it is more typical to say blood pressure there, but by the time you got out your cuff (and who actually has one of those?) the instigation would be diluted by the preparations for measurement. I don't know exactly how beats translate to pressure. I would think that pressure was measured in volume per space per unit of time, but physics is not my strong point (does this even fall under physics?), and I suspect that blood pressure is actually somehow measured in beats, or no, the ratio of pressure at the beat and the trough. The systole.

Anyway, even in the abstract I cannot imagine submissions, applications, or requests without my body getting ready to fight for its life.

I don't know where consciousness of this gets me, if anywhere.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

More at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/enantiomer/