I don't shoot that much that I don't share. Or rather, I do, but I always share what I think is best. Or perhaps better put, my definition of best is sharing-worthiest. I know I keep performing photography because I get something out of it that's entirely for and of myself, but it's hard to separate from that aspect of outside perception. Of all the ways of being perceived, being seen through the images I see is the least fraught and the most directly under my control. It lacks the specificity (in choice) and breadth (in interpretation) of words, both of which aspects reduce the pain in the process of being seen. Being seen through photographs is perhaps the biggest cheat possible, in that I'm not really seen at all. Anything but.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

More at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/enantiomer/