Extrapolating from exceptions





I'm getting caught up again in trying to figure out what detail of my eating or sleeping or exercise I should change to make me able to do things with my body I currently can't.





It's hard to call any of this sharing when it feels less like a gift to the world than a highly self-specific catharsis. It is me, me, me on the internet these days. It's hard to do anything for someone else when we're all in such isolation. How can I tell what you want when I only see you in glimpses? Feeling empathy for the rest of humanity has helped me see it as less of a threat, but as a strategy for interpreting everyone else, the rate of error for just painting my own feelings onto them is, I suspect, high.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

More at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/enantiomer/