So I haven't been on Flickr much these last few years, but I used to spend all my time just clicking through picture after picture. I developed some resentment over the sheer volume of photographs of a pretty girl in a field (or the woods, but usually a field). I'm not averse to pretty girls in fields, it's just when there are so many... And at the sincere, embarrassing root of it, I'm afraid that what people really want to see is pictures of girls in fields, when what I shoot is just fields. I wonder if there's a place for locating emotions in unpopulated spaces. Do people look at these pictures and care, or are they more interested in pictures of people?

I did take some pictures of people. It was uncomfortable.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

More at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/enantiomer/