*

Can a line be drawn between love and desire? Is it where my skin meets the air, the water?

Working to believe that what's within me is enough.

(What's in me is what there is, is everything.)

*


(...) Here is a map with your name for a capital,
here is an arrow to prove a point: we laugh
and it pits the world against us, we laugh,
and we’ve got nothing left to lose, and our hearts
turn red, and the river rises like a barn on fire.
I came to tell you, we’ll swim in the water, we’ll
swim like something sparkling underneath
the waves. Our bodies shivering, and the sound
of our breathing, and the shore so far away.
I’ll use my body like a ladder, climbing
to the thing behind it, saying farewell to flesh,
farewell to everything caught underfoot
and flattened....
... Here is my hand, my heart,
my throat, my wrist. Here are the illuminated
cities at the center of me, and here is the center
of me, which is a lake, which is a well that we
can drink from, but I can’t go through with it. (...) 
from "Saying Your Names,"
Richard Silken



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

More at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/enantiomer/