Still trying to make sense of it all; you know how it is.

Right now working out the kinks (probably putting some new ones) in my relationship to my work. Why photograph? It's about the transfer of time between present and past, but not in a way I can really grasp.

The effort of transferring and the necessity of reorganizing all my digital image files makes me want to set everything aside and start fresh. How am I supposed to find meaning in this mess? I managed to lose all the roll-level organization so I'm now working back through having to guess at every cutoff. I can't bear to think about the past this much, to relive every step, every car trip. It makes me forget that I'm not who I was, puts me back in her shoes, her thoughts, reminds me of every second I've lost. Why do we do this to ourselves? Isn't it better to forget?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

More at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/enantiomer/